Hello everyone. I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone! Because of your support, my recovery has been good.
I was a bit nervous before the surgery, since it was the first time. But the nurse who prepped me for surgery had a lumpectomy a year ago, so I was able to ask her a ton of questions. It was very comforting to talk to someone who had just been through the same thing. The surgery went really well. I was worried it would take them forever to knock me out or that I would wake up before they were done operating. All I remember is that they rolled me into the operating room and told me they were moving me to the operating table... and then I was out. Hallelujah! They had to wake me up after surgery too! I am so glad I don't remember anything. When I woke up my wrist with the IV was sore. Honestly, I think that was the most unpleasant part of the whole experience. They ended up moving the IV to my forearm after they finally found a vein. It was a lot better then. My surgery started at 9:15am and I woke up around 1:00pm. At 5:00pm the nurse said that I better rest. She said that I'd been hyper ever since I woke up. I was surprised, I felt quite mellow. I got sick from the anesthesia around 7pm and finally went to bed about 10:30pm. My poor husband started his allergies that day. They were so bad I begged him to go home and take a steam room and sleep in a comfortable bed. Please pray for him. He has been miserable. It usually takes about 2 weeks for his allergy medication to kick in.
When they did the surgery, they put in a JP tube which is basically a drain right below my armpit. They took some of my lymph nodes out to test. Because they did an axillary node dissection they had to put a tube in. The nurse who helped me had that done too. She was glad they did it just to make sure they checked everything and they found her cancer had not spread. So even though there is a chance of lymphedema (swelling of the arm) it is good that they are checking me thoroughly. I am praying I won't get lymphedema. It can cause your arm to swell up as big as your thigh. I am giving all my worries to the Lord. I will get the drain out on Friday.
So far my recovery has been good. Unfortunately, my period (I know TMI) which was supposed to start Monday started the day of surgery, so I've had to deal with cramps and all that unpleasant stuff. The tube in my side is really uncomfortable, but the pain isn't too bad. I accidentally pulled the tube 3 times now, so I am trying to take it easy.
My mother-in-law, Tanya has been a gem. Since she lives right next door, she has been cooking for us. Thank you Tanya! The sea bass was delicious last night. Thank you also to my mom, Kathleen for buying me all the pajamas, shirts and sweatshirts with buttons and zippers. I can't lift my left arm above my head; and I really didn't have any open shirts, so thanks mom. You did an excellent job of picking cute clothes!
Thank you to my husband Dimitri, my love, my angel. Who says you don't have patience? You have been my rock and have made sure I don't over do things. What would I do wihout you? I love you more than words can say!
Thanks to Kristi P. and Ashlie D. for visiting me in the hospital. I am so grateful to have friends like you who care for me greatly and encouraged me to get surgery.
Thank you to my brother Keith for stopping by before, it meant a lot.
Thank you to my little brother, Trent for your phone calls and support.
Thank you Rick Lundh for updating my blog the day of surgery, especially since you also just had surgery for your tonsils and were medicated. You are a great friend. I pray you are feeling better and are fully recovered!
Thank you to Shirly Page for the Debbie Watt's CD's on healing. I had actually located her website and read some of the scriptures about healing. It was so neat to get her CD's as well. Thank you!
Thank you to Dan and Celine for the card and plant. The hyacinth makes my kitchen smell good.
Thank you to John and Susan Hamilton and the staff at Elite Realty Ltd for the beautiful flowers. The lavender roses are gorgeous.
Thank you to Kate Fine and the congregation from the Montavilla United Methodist Church for the beautiful blue prayer shawl. I receive the peace, strength, health and joy it was blessed with.
Thank you to Kate F. and Kristie G. for the beautiful red and white bouquet, I love the carnations. Thank you Kristie and Sonya for helping take care of my kids. I miss them so much, I saw a photo of them the other day and I started crying.
Thank you to everyone who has been leaving comments on my blog. The messages come up on my phone, so I get to read them right away. Forgive me for not responding. I do read them and they make my day.
Thank you to Bonnie M. for your FAITH and encouraging texts. You are wonderful!
Thank you Cindy Norton for blessing me with God's word and promises.
Thank you Kirsten Oliver for all your blog comments and texts. You are very sweet and special.
Thank you to Tiffany B. for all your emails and prayers I am grateful to know you.
Thank you to Craig and Shelly U. for all your emails and encouragement. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Thank you to Barb, Steven, Janice, Darro, Tricia, and Erin for the beautiful flowers that brighten my room. I love the daffodils and tulips.
Thank you to Erin Roberston and her husband John for making all the deliveries and praying for me!
Thank you to Mardie J. for the beautiful card reminding me that God is always with us.
Thank you Mary R. for all your help and encouragement. I am so grateful for all you have done.
Thank you to Sharon, Liya and Fran for all your texts and emails and to the rest my Arbonne International team for all your prayers!
Thank you to Peggy De Marini, Barbara Shelton and my lia sophia jewelry team for all your prayers! Peggy you have been such a great support.
Thank you to all the breast cancer survivors I spoke with who were so open and honest with their own journeys. You are an inspiration! Thank you Joanne Herb for all your support and emails.
Thank you to all my friends at Generation Church and Living Hope Fellowship in Aloha. Your prayers have sustained and edified me.
Thank you to Vicki Anderson for continuing the amazing ministry of the Portland Healing Rooms that you and your husband Ron started. Thank to everyone who has been praying for me. Special thanks to Andy and Wayne for your many hours and nights of praying and fighting for me!
Thank you to the Russian Church of Grace for your prayers and to Peter for praying for me at City Bible and to Sergey and Alla for all your prayers and emails.
Thank you to my friends from Life Church in Salem. It was great seeing you a couple of weeks ago! I wish you were closer. We miss seeing you!
About a few weeks ago, in the "comments" section of my blog, I'd thanked others for their cards, prayers and gifts. So, if you didn't see your name in the blog section, check the comments section. I hope I remembered to mention everyone and thank them.
I should know the results from the biopsy of the lymph nodes around Tuesday. I will update my blog, once I have more info. It is so nice to be able to communicate with everyone this way. As you can see I have a lot of people to thank.
I love you guys and I pray the the Lord will bless you with his peace, grace and love! Kandie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I am so happy to hear things have been going well. And mostly that you are being sustained by Jesus. I am also praying for Dimitri so will add the allergy prayers to that.It is so wonderful that your gene testing was negative. Phew. Cross one indicator off the list. I will continue to pray, dear lady, and wait expectantly for wonderful news. I am sure you have been a light to all who you are in contact with. Love and blessings~
2 Cor. 12:9-10... but he said to me "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me.
Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong.
Standing in agreement with you for complete healing.
Today is Tuesday so I am checking back. I know you will post when you can, but I want you to know you are being supported in prayer and loving thoughts are being sent your way all day.
Post a Comment