First of all, thank you to all who are praying. I appreciate you more than words can say! "Don't be afraid for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10, NLT
I finally have a tentative date scheduled for a lumpectomy on 1/22/2008. I will let you know if that changes. I have been praying and going to healing rooms and believing the Lord for big things!
For people who are wondering about my diagnosis. I was diagnosed on December 12, 2008. They found a lump in my left breast. They said it was Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, Markers: estrogen positive, progesterone positive by 10% in situ, but progesterone negative in the invasive part, and HER2 negative. It is a grade 3 which means it's aggressive. They think it is either 2 or 3 centimeters. At the time of surgery, they will biopsy the lymph nodes. A week after surgery and the biopsy, they will be able to determine the stage 1, 2, 3 or 4. Staging depends on the size and if it's found in more than 4 lymph nodes. This usually indicates that it has metastasised or spread. Breast cancer cells can spread to the bones, liver, lungs and the brain.
At this point, they are recommending lumpectomy, with chemo to follow, then radiation, then 5 years of hormone therapy. I have talked to almost a dozen breast cancer survivors and visited many doctors in order to decide on the type of surgery. I have also been looking into alternative methods (Iscador, ozone, baking soda, and special diets). Now that the surgery is finally scheduled. I am focusing on healing and praying! "He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds we are healed!"
1 Peter 2:24
I know people were wondering about meals. I am trying a special diet so at this time the best way to help is to pray for healing and for peace and grace for my husband and family. If people want to call me and leave messages they are welcome. However, I am a bit overwhelmed with trying to return calls and emails. So, I will try to keep people up to date via this blog. I would love to use this blog as my main source of communication; but, please don't hesitate to call or email if you like. You won't be bugging me. I love hearing encouraging words and how you are doing! Thanks to all who sent cards and words of encouragement.
Thank you for all your prayers. I have had a peace and joy which surpasses all understanding. I know it is because of all your prayers! I believe Jesus can and will heal me; it's just a question of when! "But He was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed." NLT, Isaiah 53:5
Love and Blessings, Kandie :-)
***How to comment on my posts and leave me messages***
First, click on where it says comments below, then under the box where you write your comments, click on the drop down menu where it says "comment as", select "Name/URL" from the drop down menu, type in your name and just leave the URL box blank, then you can write your comments in the big box. When you're done writing, just click on the little box below where it says "post comment".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




26 comments:
Don't ever forget how strong you are and what a survivor you have been. Take that with you, along with your faith, and you'll find the courage you need to get thru this. I love you!
Kandie and Dimitri, We have been praying for you. I think of you every day. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do. xoxo Tiffany
I will be praying for you also. My mother in law was diagnosed with this 15 years ago and went through what had to be and she's had a clean bill of health. She is 72 years old and never was in good health. My mom had melanoma and she's been clean for 5 years. You will make it through if they both can. You are young and in way better health.
Love, Valerie
Hi Kandie, We are standing on these words:"by His stripes you are healed", and will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. God Bless You, we love you, Dan and Celine.....
Kandie, Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Your blog is extremely encouraging Kandie, your faith and trust in our Lord is evident. Know that my prayers are with you.
Cindy Norton
Amen! And Thank you all for your prayers and encouraging words. I am trusting in the Lord. Good things are happening! Thank you to everyone who sent me cards in the mail: Janice, Darro, Laura Rollins, Korynn, Kate, Debbie F., Kimmi Lusk, Peggy De, and Linda.
Also, thank you Dr. Karin Volkoff for the card and books. I have been wanting the Dr. Susan Love's Breast book! It was on my to do list. That was so thoughtful! Blessings to you all! I am going back to the Portland Healing room to night and believing God for complete healing! Love, Kandie
Kandie I am praying for you daily. You spread God's love where ever you are & touch so many life's. I know God is proud of you - during the good times & the hard times God shines through you! He has you in his arms & He will carry you through this too.
love Peggy De
Kandie,
Psalm 5:3 "In the morning, O Lord, YOU hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before YOU and wait in expectation." I read E-News and your blog this morning and am praying along with you and many others. Thank you, Kandie, for being open and sharing your life with all of us at the ESD. God be with you!
Kandie,
Thank you for starting this blog, you are being loved on and prayed for from across the country! Hope you received the CDs from Debbie Watts; she is an amazing woman and you will be so blessed by hearing her experience and healing. I've sent her a link to your blog so she can follow your healing and progress, too. Blessings
Kandie,
You and Demitri have been in my thoughts and prayers.
When I read todays Bible Reading I thought of you Beautiful Lady!
"Happy are those who are strong in the Lord, who set their minds on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem. When they walk through the valley of weeping, it will become a place of refreshing springs, where pools of blessing collect after the rains!"
-Psalms 84:5-6
We don't get to always choose our pilgrimages
(don't I know...) But I know that you are a Faith filled woman, and God is going to use this situation for his glory. I love you and admire your courage,grace, and Love twoards all your crazy friends!
Blessings,
Julieanna Chumbley
Hi Kandie,
You looked so beautiful and full of peace when I saw you last Sunday at Mikal's baptism. I would have never guessed what you are going through (as I later found out). Know that your faith in Jesus has been an inspiration to me. I will be keeping you in my prayers for healing.
Love, Liza Duilio
Wow! What a testament this blogsite is to how many people in your life you have touched and how many people care for you. You have always had this tenacity about you since I first met you 15 years ago. That strength, your persistence for knowledge and more importantly your faith will guide you through this process with grace. You are truly one amazing woman and I am truly blessed for knowing you and how you've evolved over the years-you're so beautiful!
Hi Kandie--sorry you got rescheduled, it must be hard to wait; but will give your enzymes and so forth a chance to work, I hope. I'm thinking of you and praying for you and your family every day. Folks at work are asking about you and send good wishes. much love--Kate
Kandie, Isaish 43:1-2 is an amazing reminder that no matter what we go through the Lord is with us. How he has created us and called each one of us who believes by name and we belong to him, you are his child. I pray that when you are having difficult days that you will feel him holding you up and wrapping his arms around you.
1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine
2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
Kandie,
Ashlie forwarded me this blog. I had no idea! You are an amazing inspiration and encouragement of faith. I will pray for you and your husband and family. I'm sorry you have to go through this but know without question the Lord is not wasting one ounce of your pain. He will use it all for His purpose. Blessings,
Jenny
Hi Kandie--I have something to give you and would like to get it to you before Thursday. I'd be glad to bring it over or can send it by with someone, whatever. Call or email me to let me know the best way! still praying for you and thinking of you and your family, many blessings & much love, Kate
I have been thinking about you a lot. Hope things are going as they should.
Love, val
I will continue to pray for you Kandie. I know you are in good hands, and your faith is so unwaivering...that positive attitude (along with God, of course) can heal 40 pound tumors!
Good luck tomorrow...and dont stress about things that are beyond your control...that's what I try to tell myself :P
God Bless...and I love you n Dimitri! Let me know if there is anything I can do...
Kandie, You and your family are in my prayers:
Psalm 121 I lift up my eyes to the hills- Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip -
He who watches over you will not slumber;
Indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you
The LORD is your shade at your right hand;
The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm -
He will watch over your life;
The LORD will watch over your coming and going
Both now and forevermore.
Thank you for your testimony, your unwaivering faith through this time.
Cindy Norton
Kandie - this is all SUCH great news!!! I'm so pleased to hear that everything went more smoothly than you had expected, and you are in my prayers. Your strength this this very difficult time is inspiring, you are so strong and I am very proud of you. I love you, Michelle
What is your address? I can't find it :-(
Kandie, it is easy to Praise our Lord in the good times, it is a blessing to hear you praise him in the harder times of life!
Psalm 27 1-5
Of David.
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked advance against me
to devour me,
it is my enemies and my foes
who will stumble and fall.
3 Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then I will be confident.
4 One thing I ask from the LORD,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
and set me high upon a rock.
I continue in prayer for you!
Cindy Norton
Kandie,
I so know that I am not walking in your shoes and I do want to be sensitive but I did want to share a verse with you today as you are waiting for your appointment on Friday. Philippians 3:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God: And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Cindy
Hi Kandie--I was so happy to hear your good report from the surgeon! People at work frequently ask about you & this is some great news to pass on. I passed on your thanks for prayers at church and the people there were so happy to hear that things are going well. Kate
Hi Kandie--I heard from Ana & Kristie that you had gone to school and seen the kids and how excited they were to see you! Thier love for you and joy in seeing you represents a special kind of prayer for your health and well-being.
I will also continue to keep you in my heart and my prayers as you start out on the next leg of the journey. Kate
Hi Kandie--I've been thinking of you and praying for you each day. Actually I think you look good shaven-headed and you ought to try short hair for a while! (It makes you look kinda young & sweet!)
Looking forward to seeing you on the 1st! (You can be Queen of the May!) Kate
Post a Comment