I received my CT scan results last Friday. Praise God, they did not see anything of concern. Thank you for all your prayers!
I went to my young survivors group last Sunday and learned of a gal who has been coming to the group. She is 37 and was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer about three years ago. She did all the treatments. Recently, the cancer come back and spread to her bones and liver. She has 3 kids and her husband and she are youth pastors. She and her husband are taking their kids to see the space shuttle in Florida (one of her dreams). We are praying that she will not only make it there (weather will be right), but that the Lord will do a miracle and she will be healed! It is so hard to know why God allows things. His ways are above are ways and thoughts are higher than our thoughts (Isaiah 55:9).
But, what I do know for sure is that God is good! And, I also know that we all will expire one day. It is not fun to think about especially when death is staring you in the face. But it is a reality we all have to face. I was doing one of my Beth Moore Bible Studies, “Believing God” the other day and I realized that even though it may seem like many people are sick or have a disease (and God doesn’t heal enough today), I believe the contrary! God is constantly protecting us and healing us, I just believe we are unaware. When you think about the complexity of ONE tiny human cell and ALL the things that can go wrong it is amazing to think that we are functioning at all and are not sick more often! Here is what Beth Moore said in her Bible study about the complexity of a human cell; and she talks about evolution too which is fascinating.
“Evolution is the idea that all living things evolved from nonliving chemicals to simple organisms then changed through the ages to produce millions of species. Some of those organisms didn’t turn out to be nearly as simple as Darwin imagined. At the time when he and others like him tried to fit life under their mental microscopes, a basic cell was believed to be an unimpressive daub of protoplasm. The assumption made a simple and rapid evolution from basic chemicals far more plausible. Time proved complexities beyond comprehension. I’ll call on the expertise of authors Clayton and Jansma:
“We now know that a single cell with a nucleus is the microscopic equivalent of an entire high-tech, industrialized city. It is surrounded by a wall armed with a tight security system, selectively allowing raw material to enter and manufactured products to leave. The city contains a factory in mysterious communications network that dictates repair schedules and keeps track of all inventory. A special library within each city filled with detailed blueprints for every piece of machinery and maintenance equipment it uses. In living organisms, this information includes every minute characteristic of the organism,… Directions for all of this activity are encoded in the DNA, the genetic material of each cell, that is wound into the shape of a double helix within the microscopically small nucleus.” –There are so many possibilities for error and problems in one cell, so God IS taking care of us!
Beth continues, “I learned that 2 meters of DNA can be found in EVERY human cell, each packages with 46 chromosomes in an infinitesimal nucleus. While Darwin sat at his desk and reduced all of creation to simple blobs of protoplasm, the outstretched DNA in his body could have reached back and forth to the sun about 50 times! Charles Darwin was fearfully and wonderfully made. He just never knew it.” [You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.] Psalm 129:12-14
THANK YOUS:
Joanne Erb for the encouraging card
Jersuhah Tanner for the inspirational card
Celine Wagoner for the uplifting card
Thank you Kristi Polukeev for taking me to my 3rd treatment
Thank you Cynthia Elston for the card and the paint samples
6 weeks down 10 more to go!
This round was a little tougher. I had more nausea no vomiting though! And my red blood cell count went down to borderline anemic; but, fortunately my Naturopath has put me on supplements to help increase my blood count, so I am praying it will be more normal. I still have my eyelashes and eyebrows. Yeah! Next Tuesday will be my fourth treatment and May 19th I will be at the half way point! Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement. It means a lot! Praying the time will fly by!
Lyrics for first song playing:
“Just Come In”
What do I see
You draggin up here
Is that for your atoning?
I know you're sorry
I've seen your tears
You don't have to show Me
What makes you think you must
Make that go away
I forgot
When I forgave
I wish you would
Chorus
Just come in
Just leave that right there
Love does not care
Just come in
Lay your heart right here
You should never fear
You think you've crossed
Some sacred line
And now I will ignore you
If you look up
You will find
My heart is still toward you
Look at the sky
The east to the west
That's where I threw this
When you first confessed
Let it go now
Chorus
I will forgive you
No matter what you've done
No matter how many times
You turn and run
I love you
I wish you'd come
Chorus
Scroll down to the very bottom and click on 1st song to replay!
***How to comment on my posts and leave me messages***
First, click on where it says comments below, then under the box where you write your comments, click on the drop down menu where it says "comment as", select "Name/URL" from the drop down menu, type in your name and just leave the URL box blank, then you can write your comments in the big box. When you're done writing, just click on the little box below where it says "post comment".




1 comment:
Kandie, It broke my heart to see your beautiful hair gone -- but looking at the bigger picture, it IS just hair. You are stepping out into some deep waters and gaining wisdom beyond your years. I pray for continued strength and perseverance and of course that this beast is beaten and will not return. I will see Debbie on Sunday, if your friend comes to FL and would like to connect with her I'm sure she would be happy to talk with her, or if she will be near Gainesville on Sun, May 24th, I believe, Debbie will having a healing service. You have all been such good friends to Ashlie, I keep each one of you "girls" close to my heart. Consider yourself prayed up from Ocala. God Bless, Shirley
Post a Comment