The day of my second round of chemo, I told my doctor my hair was starting to fall out. He informed me that it would be a very messy ordeal. So, I decided to shave my hair off that day. Fortunately, my friend Kirsten offered to come over. It was nice to be able to do it in the comfort of my own home. Thank you Kirsten! I have a couple of hair pieces to wear under hats and a wig for formal affairs. It’s weird with no hair. It’s kind of liberating. I hoping it will grow back a little thicker and maybe even with a little wave. We’ll see. It isn’t as bad as a thought. I never thought I would shave my head. Life’s truly an adventure.
Easter
It seems like it has taken me a little while longer to recover from this second round. I am just now starting to feel fairly normal in regards to energy and comfort. The best way to describe how I feel after chemo is “Hung Over”! I feel achy, tired, headache, weak, a little nauseous and YUCKY! But I know once this is all over I will be back to normal. I believe I will feel even better than before. I’m getting used to my diet and I’m excited to have better eating habits. Also, I am really trying to get on a regular exercise routine. Yesterday, I worked out 30 minutes on my elliptical. When I was working out I felt really empowered. I had to literally force myself to work out, but once I started I felt great. Wow, exercise is so important! Also, I’m getting in the habit to drinking a ton of water. I’m drinking between 80-100oz a day.
When I feel up to it, I’ve been trying to get caught up on things. I still have not even scrapbooked since all this started (4 months). I’m hoping to be able to do that soon. Also, we have been shopping around for a dog. I either want a poodle or a schnauzer or a hybrid of both a “Schnoodle”.
I was pretty tired on Easter. But, I was able to make it to church. We went with my mom, older brother and my husband’s parents. And then we went to brunch afterward. I’m getting ready to go to Bible study tonight. I’m so grateful for all the support I have. Even though I don’t feel “good” I'm so thankful that I don't have mouth sores and am not vomiting! I’m grateful I can see, hear, walk and function!
It is so important to appreciate and be thankful for all the things we do have!
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!
Love and Blessings, Kandie ;^)




1 comment:
You look beautiful!!! xoxo
Post a Comment